The Placement & Career Forum of the college set up in 2004, has been growing steadily in terms of scope & function. Keeping with the Growth metrics of the college, this platform serves as a learning & launch pad for students from different Faculties. This serves as a transition for students from campus to corporate [providing them with a firsthand exposure to the demands & expectations of the corporate world. This forum offers training to the interested students in Aptitude tests, Communication skills& Personality development. An orientation is given to the students both in terms of opportunities for Higher Education & different Career Avenues they could opt for & how they can prepare for the same. The Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College is in the List of the top ten preferred colleges for Hiring & Recruitment.
Goals of the Placement & Career Forum
The objectives of the Placement & Career Forum are
• To enable students to identify their career paths & prepare them for placements
• To provide opportunities for Placements through Campus Selections
The key activities of this Forum is as under
1. Creating a database of students interested in Campus Placement from each class.
2. Sharing opportunities for Internships with different companies
3. Organizing Placements on campus usually in the first week of January through a Career Fair and/ or Recruitments
4. Sending interested students for Pool campus Interviews hosted by other colleges
5. Organizing Pre-placement Talks from sector experts or subject experts to provide an orientation for students on career opportunities that are available
6. Provide information on Overseas Education Opportunities
Recruitment Process For The Students
The database of students interested in placements is created
Companies are invited for the recruitment process
Pre-Placement Talks of companies
Aptitude tests/Group Discussions/ First Round of Interview
List of Short listed candidates communicated to college
Sectors Of Students Being Placed
IT & ITES
Banking & Finance
Software Testing& Business Development
Companies Visited As Well As Recruited Students
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Northern Trust Bank
Standard Chartered Bank
Stock Holding Corporation of India
Nispana Innovative Platforms company
Inspiration Manpower Consulting
Times Pro Group
Little Internet Pvt Ltd.
List Of Companies Providing Internship Opportunities
Sunness capital India (P) Ltd
Inside Sales Executive role is offered as Internship ( 3 - 6 Months) and Full Time Employment.
Content Writer role is offered as Internship ( minimum of 2 months) and Full Time Employment.
Academic Counselor role is offered as Internship ( 3 - 6 Months) and Full Time Employment .
Digital Marketing Internship should be pursued for a minimum of Two months.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)- Content Development Internship should be pursued for a minimum of Two months.
1. Dr. Vijayashri R HOD- MSc.Psychology
2. Dr. Narasimhan - HOD - M.Com
3. Dr. Sharmila - HOD -Dept.Biotechnology
4. Ms. Rachel Joshua - Dept of Commerce
For more information, Please Contact
Ms, Soundarya I
Bishop Cotton Women's Christian College
Head of HR of KPMG addressing the students in the pre placement talk
Online test for KPMG
Career in Aviation - Presentation by AirAsia & ClearSkies
Students talking to Senior Captain Shriya Shrivastava of AirAsia
Recruitment Panel from DELL
Students placed at DELL
Students attending the PrePlacement talk for CapGemni