The college is a NAAC Re-accredited ‘A’ grade college. The IQAC was established on the basis of the guidelines set forth by NAAC.
The primary aim of IQAC is:
• To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution
• To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
The “Internal Quality Assurance Cell” is on a steady and continuous quest to ensure quality in all areas of administration and academics, worthy of this institution and all its stakeholders.
• It works towards improving and maintaining the quality of education,
identifying and suggesting new ways of using teaching aids
•Developing suitable infra structure
•Suggestion for new courses
•Involved in offering valuable suggestions in order to have consistency in maintaining the quality of education
•It is an effective and efficient internal co-coordinating and monitoring mechanism
The first IQAC meeting after Re-accreditation was in the month of March 2014.
Dr.Grace Premila, Head of Department, Home Science, was selected as the Coordinator of the IQAC team.
The IQAC team comprises 16 members, which includes the Principal Coordinators, staff of different departments and administrative staff.
A National Seminar was conducted in February 2016. The topic was Higher Education of Women in India – Opportunities and Challenges
Advance Diploma in Accounting and Business offered by ACCA, UK From 2018.
Under Graduate courses started from this academic year 2017 -18
• B.Sc. – CBZ ( Chemistry,Botany,Zoology)
• NDCZ ( Nutrition & Dietetics,Chemistry,Zoology)
• CZBT ( Chemistry,Zoology,Biotechnology)
• M.Sc. ( Psychology ) – The course begins from 2018
• Seminar on Gender Equity will be conducted in the month of
• A seminar on Green Audit will be conducted in the month of March